21 January 2011

Infrastructure Impressions

My thoughts are nothing more but in awe after experiencing infrastructure mode. The lobby function certainly slaps me some nostalgia and idling will be part of my game routine, will reside in UNI1 SKY10.



The announcement of on-line codes for the demo certainly caused an uproar. Eager players like myself and others were expecting it to release at 12AM JST; ended up refreshing PSN for the next 12 hours and all we saw was DISSIDIA FOR 300 YEN. The announcement of FF13-2 made me die inside too ;;

Anyway, they weren't released till PSN was updated in the afternoon but at long last, code GET and off away to a random lobby. All functions available are of great convenience; pop into the PSN store via the lobby counter, search friends through lobbies and rooms or wherever they roam to taking photos. I find it funny that you can hear others take screen captures, most noticeably during a boss fight which is resulting in failure. All in all, it's great fun which feels complete. This is definitely an aspect of Phantasy Star which made it so damn fun, the on-line and community part of things.


Best thing about Infinity for me? Being able to use your alts as NPC's and being able to trade characters to anyone on-line; we don't feel so ronery with friends running among us as we play solo as meat shields. Will have to set my own auto-replies for that spice of npc life, I'm sure those that I play with would appreciate that. This also means that I'm capable of creating story driven videos similar to De;Synchronization without the need to use friends. Will await other features in the game next month.


My Dewman is currently LV82/RA13, main reason for playing her is due to the ranger infinity blast. A dragon killer by all means necessary, one hell of a Mikuru Beam and it certainly reminds me of Ryu's (TvC, MvC) type hadoken specials. Coupling this will the Wild Blast ability wreaks havoc, tasty indeed.

Will lay it down many times for my readers, I'm one to not fuss about stats or anything to do with the comparison of races but I will mention this; getting killed has never been such a chore for a Dewman. Guess the Escape Master ability for the use of two scape dolls was increased due to this and well, for those who struggled with just the one in vanilla (PSPo2).


Guess that's all to it for the demo now, just a case of levelling up solo or with friends on-line. In terms of progress, I should have played vanilla a bit more for the completion side of things. The wait won't be long so this would give me time to work on my alts. Yeah... Ricardo's butt is one hell of an eye magnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment