22 December 2010

OH MY CHERRY JINOUGA

MonHan monday happened earlier this week to celebrate some ad-hoc fun on MHP3. The amount of fun endured was priceless especially with the new onsen (bath) feature within the Guild Hall. That's right... Three chicks and one dude *gesture spam* along with a table full of drinks and snacks to aid the four of us throughout the night. Did I mention that it was an all nighter session with two trips to the nearest McDonalds for dinner and breakfast? I had a happy meal because that's how I roll, no cheese please~

monhanmonday_typevinxisdayle

Character creation, running around the village and then the start of missions. I think we started off with Bulldrome, Aoashira then some gathering here and there. Hunting Jaggi was the highlight of the night; not sure how many times we did it but the armour set for the rest of us was finished. Royal Ludroth gave us some troubles but we've managed to take it down twice, amazing ROFL's it did to the party.

monhanmonday_usualsuspects

Since then I've mostly concentrated on working the farm and village quests. My pace will be slowed down by the posts here but that's all fun in the making, not that I'm in a hurry to rank up and be super awesome anyway. With all MonHan games it's the patience, experience and definitely experience that counts, talk about something with a long winded learning curve. We'll also see a return of my video uploads on the 'Raedifeth' Youtube channel. They're not to be taken seriously and well, it should supplement these posts regarding the game. I'm such a visual bitch wahahaha *dances around town*

I guess this is one of the new elements of encounters within the game; a random special quest initiates after the main quest has been fulfilled. It's definitely compulsory after the 2 star village quest to hunt down Bulldrome since a friend pointed out his troubles "Jinouga is a TWAT!! I got owned, i dont think i was supposed to win anyway XD" Let's rewind and mention about Jinouga, he's the flagship monster of the game so it's no surprise to see it beat us down early on in the game. Same happened with Tigrex and Lagiacrus in the previous MH games but alas! It was a good way to analyse how it worked, going head to head with a hammer didn't feel right. Would love to try it again with a Gun/Lance or a BowGun.


The music escalated to something that's surprisingly eerie once the 'WARNING' appears on screen. Seeing that the time of mission was at night it definitely gave that scary feeling, yeah I'm such a wuss. You're given the choice to abandon mission (without failing the main mission) or take up the conflict. Extra supplies are given from the box then but that wasn't enough to keep me alive. Carrying mega potions and combinable stuff would have but it wasn't the right time to take it down, let alone trying.

mhp3_type001

Should be getting my second cat once I can find one that suits my preferences, in the meantime it's back to the daily grind of farming, hunting and bathing. Like posts like this? Let me know and I'll see what else I can do after the Xmas holidays. Till then; eat up, keep warm and have a good one~ TYPE

No comments:

Post a Comment