13 July 2010

Bone Crushing MAXIV S

Haven't had much time on PSPo2 lately but I managed to do a MAXIV S run with Keiji and Yuber a few nights ago. It's still risky at my level and to be honest, with one or two adjustments we probably would have finished the whole thing. Ability points were dedicated to my own safety and healing, along with defensive attachments to my line shield. One thing I didn't think about were resists; being stunned and frozen are the main concerns for this run, one or two hits will take me out instantly.



With that mentioned, relying on others to use a Sol Atomizer would take some time. They're already busy with the damage dealing and their own safety. Maybe a 4th party member would have helped out, then again it's all for yourself when it comes to this game... more or less anyway.



My MMO experience as a 'healer' doesn't apply here since PSPo2 isn't one, nor does it have a system which offers healing to be more convenient for the party; having a heal over time spell would be nice or a temporary shield cast to party members. Meh, just some thoughts but this clip from Austin Powers will do nicely for what I said http://youtu.be/oEPpwQlRu5M



I'm using grants now, happy? They remind me of the ION Cannon from Command and Conqueror http://youtu.be/WSiNflPkSgE Not as destructive however! That's another reason to level my FO class.



Ardites bring the pain here, they're like Zangief; cyclone punch and body slams. Got frozen here and the resta/reverser came a second late. All is good though, will work with the others on doing more MAX runs, either A or S because it's good to nail missions flawlessly. Maybe for A but not for S rank!

No comments:

Post a Comment