24 April 2010

MH3 UK Release Day 23/04/2010

Coincidentally it was St.George's Day on the release of Monster Hunter Tri for us in the UK. Sadly, the producer Ryozo Tsujomoto and director Kaname Fujiok could not attend for the signing due to the recent Volcanic ash events. To make up for this, the first 100 who attends the opening will have a signed wii sleeve sent to them within the next few weeks. Due to the Phantasy Star Portable 2 MAX Event going live the day before, I didn't manage to catch any sleep at all. Having a coffee with six sugars before leaving the house fired me up, talk about being healthy right?



All the goodies purchased and received are included, not much on depth but I'll get things covered.





The morning was cold; ended up wearing more than four layers in total, topped off with a beanie hat.



Got to the station early as you can see, another twelve minutes till the first train arrives.



Thought this was a good shot as I see myself within the platform monitors.



Arrived at Charing Cross station 20 minutes later and decided to commute on foot. Had to pass through
Leceister Square to get through to Oxford Street. I totally forgot, IRONMAN 2 isn't out yet...



I arrive at GAME just before 6AM only to see the first person there, Azdin!
Had to give it to this guy, he was waiting outside since 12 midnight. Talk about dedication.



GAME is pretty much Gamestop for us in the UK. Then again I hear a lot of bad stuff regarding Gamestop.
Do ignore the MW2 image, it stood out more than anything else. I tried peeling it off...



Didn't expect everything in store to be changed, they actually went all out for this event.
Mostly everything was from the MH3 London session I covered a few weeks back, this was nice however.



Met a lovely couple after arrival, we ended up doing an ad-hoc mission or two on MHFU.
Felix from East Orenji's Blog arrived afterwards, later an influx of people came.



The three hour wait came to an end as the store opened up at 9am.



These two Monster Hunters came out to greet us before letting us in, also to inform us of the bad news.



They made the costumes/weapons themselves apparently.



We all headed straight for the counter in an orderly manner, no one was pushing or shoving.



My turn was next in line. I traded in Final Fantasy XIII before making the purchase, it got me £20
so instead of going for the bundled edition, I changed my mind to getting the Limited Edition.



Do mind the photo, my hands were shaking with excitement after purchase.
I'd say that there was roughly 50 people there, was expecting more though.



Could have headed home to play straight away but we all head over to the Wii's to enjoy some arena play.
Great way to promote the game, anyone can just come in and try it out, friendly staff too including the ladies.



Had a conversation with him about weapon preferences. For me it wasn't much of a big concern when they
removed out two weapons for the Switch axe; versatility was it's game just like the gun-lance.
The weapon concept is really something but I'll consider using it at some point.

Afterwards he asked if I was a pro at the game, I dislike boasting myself so I let out a big 'errrr.. haha'.
He pointed at the empty stool and soon I was put on the spot to fight against Kurupecco in the arena battle.
Looking behind myself I see many watching, intrigued by my evasive rolls, bombing, sword combos/shield slams.

Talk about being nervous!!

The event had lasted all day till closing but I decided to leave, the tiredness was kicking in.
Quite sure that it would have gotten a lot busier after 4/5PM due to people finishing studies/work.



Setting out I grab a bite at Subway with Felix. Sub of the day was tuna *huzzah*



Now lets get on with the goodies included within the goody bag given out to the lucky 50 customers.
Deco Meta stickers, four in total sporting the lovely poogie and such. Great for phones if I was to say.



A Monster Hunter endorsed notebook, don't think I'll be using this nor the stickers.



A mini shoulder bag to house anything like your PSP, Games and a lot more stuff.



The limited edition box; everything you need for the game along with the Lagiacrus head model.



I dislike the idea of Wiispeak, then again I'd probably be using Skype/headset for on-line play.



Close up of the Rathalos head model included within the goody bag. This was supplied as a pre-order item.



Lagiacrus, not as impressive but I love the paintwork done on them.



Did I mention that I popped into Game Focus after Subway to buy this lovely game.
They stock a range of import games and a lot of gaming accessories from Dreamcast to PS3 and more.



It's a no brainer on my character name. Question is, why do I play as a female character?
Fairly simple, I find the armour designs much more superior than the male counterpart.
Whether it be in other games too, they're quite lavish and aesthetics just make everything better.



Had a hard time deciding on the resolution for the screen captures, 480x272 (PSP size) should do fine.
My progress will be recorded, hopefully it should be something fun to update about.

1 comment:

  1. U5AQVN bclvvryfvdxg, [url=http://qpxwvrcxqijd.com/]qpxwvrcxqijd[/url], [link=http://abnetlbumtxl.com/]abnetlbumtxl[/link], http://ktbjbfdyvkaj.com/

    ReplyDelete