16 April 2010

Patisserie Justice

I couldn't resist another night on-line despite being ill. Last night I teamed up with Ami, Vorpal and Yuber from the PSO-world forums. We took part in two free-missions until it was decided to do the JUMP mission. Objective: To save the three Naura sisters. Not sure when they appeared within the Phantasy Star series. I do remember finding them and their bakery shop during the MAXIMUM G event on PSU a while back.

It was the first time doing the mission so I'll try my best to explain these screen captures taken from recordings. Before clicking on the 'Read more' button, this post consists of 22 images so expect intense loading times if you still use dial-up.



Let's see, I'll put in an obligatory tail-whip screen shot with near death experience to make a good start...





We walk over buttons to activate locked doors and gates, in this case we drop bombs instead.
So much for walking over them and it's only the beginning *spam heal*



Has nostalgia kicked in for you yet? I know it has for me as I end up on my back.
Ami (encased within the blue orb) also throws the Double Saber like no other.



Oh, I forgot to explain. Waves of enemies will keep spawning and go for the third daughter as stated.



Second daughter is in trouble!! On either side of the room we have 'grinder' type vehicles closing
in slowly. There are buttons to set off bombs again along with switches that will pull up a
timed barrier to stop anything from getting through. I really should set up my auto-text functions.



Yuber overwhelms the 'Grena Beat S' with his 'Spinning Break' as I get decked under fire.



We were all over the place and in emergency, dropping EX bombs took care of the mobs around her.



Due to good timing and positioning, the grinder caught Grena-san against the barrier and killed it within seconds.



Taking a portal to the next area we find ourselves alone with the lights off. Being the 'full on' support class
here I had nothing but my handgun. Could have assigned technics to my other wands but I dislike being
stationary when attacking. Had to wait for the others to come and finish my leftovers.



Once that's over, we take the active portal to a higher platform where 'Dark Bella's' would spawn.
Again we have Yuber showing off his skills as I place a trap down by accident.



Would have preferred if the handgun used two hands instead of one, like in PSO!
Guess having a wand in the other makes up for less weapon changing... or any one handed weapons.



Vorpal's in excitement due to saving all three of the Naura sisters.
Looks like they can get back to baking wonderful cakes OM NOM NOM



Support technics at the ready, in other words... SUIT UP! I mean time to buff up!



Olga De Ran is usually a rare boss encounter after free missions, in this case he/she is compulsory.



EX bombs were placed and detonated, I switched over to the shield/wand combination for safety.



Healing can be a pain without the necessary ability points. Support Long-Range and Follow High Speed
are a must in my opinion. Watching out for myself and others takes a lot of concentration too!
Something I've gotten use to when having a prioritised roll as the group healer.



Olga unleashes a dark lightning area of effect across the map, easily avoidable since they give you
about a second or two to dodge or move out of the blast.



Avoided the tail-whip this time, though I'm still in range of the tail...



Mission complete! Olga does a dance to serve himself off into the grounds.



Several scape dolls and rare weapons/items dropped throughout the mission.
This S-Class armour being the highlight out of the two runs we managed.



Cannot finish off a good night's play without doing a photo shoot, why so serious?



That's more like it. Hope you've enjoyed this intensified image coverage of the JUMP mission.
Videos are slowly being done, I edit so much that it takes one or two days to compile something decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment