20 April 2010

Nature and the Power of Twin Drills

The Maximum Attack LW Cup event happened earlier this year. It's already finished but the mission is still around for those who wish to play and collect special tickets. This was the start of an eventful night of missions so I'm taking some time off game to post these up. More to come but for the time being you can see how myself, Ami and Yuber did with the mission on A rank. This thread has more screen captures than the JUMP mission, 44 to be precise with better image quality.




The first image will be the best out of all captures. Witness amazing technics, fisting action and mohawks.





Tonnio and Liina greet us at the start and explain what's going on.



Something related to monsters on Moatoob, collecting data and establishing a VR mission.



Anyway, after activating the switch a port unlocks and we make our way.


Sand Rappies! First thing they'll do is charge at you with their drills, they also have drills as their tails.



Personally, I don't find rappies cute at all. They can be so damn annoying, especially these!!



Sometimes they'll dig underground to jump you from below; another excuse to show amazing poses.



Moving along the map we come across three Jishagara's, they sure know how to rock a mohawk.



Dispatching them was no problem and if I was to say so myself, these screen captures were amazing.



Heading through the doors we come across two paths; either take the right path and avoid getting killed.



Or demolishing this concrete wall on the left. Intentionally I wanted to go the other way but 'lo and behold'



Sand Rappies ambush us after breaking through and yes, this mission is full of them.



More spawns appear as we make our way around the room.



Personal preference - Slicers weren't my thing at first, but I love them now.



Breaking another wall down see's the return of Jishagara and friends.



Ami has been working on her auto-text replies, most of them cover the screen captures orz




I think these are pronounced Bug Digga. They reminds me of err... MASTADON!
You can't harm them from the front due to their hard shelling, gotta go for the rear!



Placing traps left me vulnerable and I'm just about to find out how.



They inflict lightning area of effect. Also a charge which will push you till they stop.



She totally got that right, I took a beating...



This boosted version took quite a while to bring down, after doing so we head over to the ????? portal.



Meet【ドル・ヴァベール】I was surprised to see a new boss.



However it's quite similar to 【オルガ・スピリトゥス】 from story mode.



I'll explain his attack patterns! High speed rotational arms spin clockwise and will home-in on players.



Here, the arms raise up and barrage players with projectiles, secondly it will indent mines around itself.



These can be destroyed or exploded, providing that you're not up close when it happens.



The arms can shoot out giant missile orbs, targeting party members who are away from the group.




Huge beams shoot from above for this phase, they're deadly and fast but easily avoidable.



I couldn't use Resta much, healing items were much better so I ended up going on the offence.



Only to have an arm landing right on top of me, during this time I couldn't even use any items.



It killed me not once, but twice. The drill literally stays on you throughout the phase if you get caught.



Luckily Ami revived me and I was back in action to witness Yuber unleashing his Lightning mirage.



This phase consists of rotating beams; they rotate both ways, taking 2/3 laps around the map.
Turning your character around a beam after one other works, providing that you rotate your camera.




Ami's turn to activate her Lightning Mirage.



Take notice of the coloured rings on the boss. There are three colours in total;
blue, green and red which suggests that it's nearly dead.



Not dead yet, the homing arms came towards me and Ami which killed us off.
Yuber forgot his items so he couldn't do anything about us.



We watch him endure another phase of the rotating beams.



A view of what it looks like from afar, beautiful despite the red overlay.



I forgot to mention, after the phase he 'discharges' and let's off a giant explosion.



This was Yuber's health before he got the last hit to kill off the boss.





This happened straight after in the chat room.



Unimpressive death scene compared to the other bosses, it was slow and quiet.



Apart from the shenanigans, S rank was received along with 2 Special Tickets to trade in for goodies.



Shame that we couldn't loot afterwards! This was actually a good run, wonder how the upcoming event will be like. I should be posting up the next batch of screen captures within the coming days, all I can say is that the Cake wasn't a Lie.

20 comments:

  1. I thought Bug Diggas looked like they were brought over from PSO Episode 4. They look freaky with their teeth clenched and blank stare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZNac4H hlzhq dsyqpa uerybkme ctktujxw xaefty punyvnwz mytjefsjk unzyr dwlen nqrrd dczdlkhj nikeormif zrjbrzbn

    ReplyDelete
  3. TE4Qtz jrveduzptsya, [url=http://prhhsgqfzmlo.com/]prhhsgqfzmlo[/url], [link=http://tlzkheoyseip.com/]tlzkheoyseip[/link], http://tiqylrxldbxv.com/

    ReplyDelete